Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default displaying text in a cell if a another cell falls in a range

Excel 2003
I have a cell that has formated text (Bold, italic, and indented) in it. I
would like to build a printable "Microsoft Word like" letter from the result
of a testing spreadsheet I have made. The problem that I am having besides
getting the text to show up formatted, is that I would then like to have it
print in numerical order of the score within several (10) different
areas.....ie...

Treatment Plan
1. Problem Sovling
Specifying Goals
Goals
*Increase goal setting abilities
Interventions
*Assist the client in specifying realistic short and ling term
goals
Defining problems and causes
Goals
*Increase problem solving abilities
Interventions
*Assist the client in defining problems and causes of problems
2. Communication
Communicating ideas clearly
Goals

and on and on.....so and so

Each area of data has a range....and if the range is low the client needs to
work on that area. I would like the treatment plan to "build" itself based on
their scores in each area they are weak in, without printing the whole
treatment plan.

I know this is a long question, but I tried to get an answer before and I
only received half answers, no real results. I would be more than happy to
send the whole program to someone to look at, if it would be easier. Thank
you advance for your assistance.

Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Scott,

Excel is not a word processer, and formatted text cannot be returned by a formula.

The best approach is to use a macro to copy and paste the cells that contain the formatted data that
you need in the order that you need, making adjustments as required to match your requirements (like
numbering, etc.).

It will not be a very complicated system, but you would be better off finding someone to do it for
pay, since it will take a bit of effort to complete, certainly beyond the scope of a few posts here.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP