Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I extract the numerical value of '325.00' to next column

Another software exported a list of values in the form of: '325.000',
complete with the apostrophies. How do I extract just the number itself to
the next column over?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your data is in A1, then one way:

=MID(A1,FIND("'",A1)+1,(FIND("'",A1,2)-1))

If the number of digits is the same for all the numbers, then you could use:
=MID(A1,2,8)

Another way:

=MID(A1,2,(LEN(A1)-2))

--

"Pathung" wrote in message
Another software exported a list of values in the form of: '325.000',
complete with the apostrophies. How do I extract just the number itself to
the next column over?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=--LEFT(E19,LEN(A1)-1)
since the first ' is generally ignored by Excel
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Pathung" wrote in message
Another software exported a list of values in the form of: '325.000',
complete with the apostrophies. How do I extract just the number itself to
the next column over?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may want to try this:

Select your one-column range of "numbers"

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<text-to-columns
....Check: Delimited......Click [Next]
....Check: Other....Enter an apostrophe (')
....Click [Next]
....Select the 2nd column......Check: Do not Import
....Destination: (choose the cell to the right of the current data)
....Click [Finish]

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,