Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Importing from Access

I am attempting to import into a worksheet that then does some calcs on the
excel sheet

Is there a way to as the data grows to insert the data expanding the space
as needed but not overwriting or deleting as the data is imported
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sfleck,

Below is my response to another similar question. Study this Properties
dialog box and all the properties on it. Your answer should be on here
somewhere.
(This person was using XL 2007. If that is your case, then I'm sorry, but I
can't be of much help to you. XL 2007 should be similar, but definitely not
identical)

JDNETTC,

What version of XL are you using?

For XL 2002/2003:
--Make sure your "External Data" toolbar is showing.
--Select a cell within your external query data (buttons on External Data
toolbar should be enabled)
--Click the "Data Range Properties" button on the External Data toolbar.
--Down at the bottom of the "External Data Range Properties" dialog box,
there are 3 option buttons and a checkbox below that.
--I think I would try the "Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused
cells" option.
--Regardless of which option you choose, make sure the "Fill down
formulas..." check box is checked.

You might have to experiment with these settings to see which ones will give
you the desired results.

HTH,

Conan

"sfleck" wrote in message
I am attempting to import into a worksheet that then does some calcs on the
excel sheet

Is there a way to as the data grows to insert the data expanding the space
as needed but not overwriting or deleting as the data is imported

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the reply

Have xl 2003

Have tried all 3 options

First 2 move the data to the right ( undesired )
last one overwrites ( undesired )

I have a sheet that does work but when I replicate the settings it does not
function