Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using a result of a formula to generate text in Excel 2003

I have a testing program that scores questions. I want to use a results of
scoring range in 10 areas to cue a cell that has text in them to be included
in a treatment plan.

Questions scoring range are Low 0-33 (cue) goal and
intervention text
Mod. 34-66 Same as
above
High 67-100 (Omit)
goal and intervention

My scores already already place themselves in the low, mod, and high cells.
I would like the goals and interventions to list themselves if the scores are
in the low to moderate range only. There are 10 areas of scoring. So if 5 of
10 are the low to moderate range, I would like the result to be a list of 5
goals and interventions of the scores.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ScoreForArea1<=66,"Goal and Intervention text","")

etc.

If the score for Area1 is in cel1 A10, then use

=IF(A10<=66,"Goal and Intervention text","")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"THIRDCOAST" wrote in message
I have a testing program that scores questions. I want to use a results of
scoring range in 10 areas to cue a cell that has text in them to be included
in a treatment plan.

Questions scoring range are Low 0-33 (cue) goal and
intervention text
Mod. 34-66 Same as
above
High 67-100 (Omit)
goal and intervention

My scores already already place themselves in the low, mod, and high cells.
I would like the goals and interventions to list themselves if the scores are
in the low to moderate range only. There are 10 areas of scoring. So if 5 of
10 are the low to moderate range, I would like the result to be a list of 5
goals and interventions of the scores.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernie, First thanks for answering. This does literally imput the "goal and
intervention text" into the cell, except the real goal and intervention is
much longer and has indentions and fonts...(see example)

Communication

Communicating ideas clearly
Goals
€¢ Improve the clients ability to express him/herself effectively
Interventions
€¢ Explore clients past history of negative and positive communication with
others
€¢ Help client to recognize areas of problematic communication
€¢ Train client to provide specifics in his/her communication with others
Avoiding misunderstanding
Goals
€¢ Increase the clients ability to accept and interpret others messages
correctly
Interventions
€¢ Teach client to attend to others messages prior to responding
€¢ Assist client in providing matching verbal and non-verbal messages
€¢ Teach client to request restatement of his/her messages when he/she is
communicating with others
€¢ Instruct client in methods of restating messages provided by others to
avoid misunderstanding

Also there are 10 different areas for goals and sometimes these areas do not
need to be included because their score is high and don't need to be
addressed.

I'm trying to produce and "Word" -like form that could be sent to the test
taker.