Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default summing the same cell in multiple workbooks

I have 250 folders (one for each customer), and multiple workbooks in
each folder. All of the workbooks are identical in structure/cell
formulas, etc..... Whenever a customer issues a purchase order, a new
workbook is created for that order (the worksheets a RFQ,
Worksheet, Quote, Order, Shipping, RMA). Each purchase order is saved
in a new workbook under the company name & PO# (example:
GeneralDevicesPO1243.xlsm) Therefore, General Devices has its own
folder, with as many workbooks as they have purchase orders issued.
Like I mentioned, the workbooks are all identical in structure. On
the "Order" sheet of the workbook, J40 is the cell marked "Total
Profit". I need to have just one worksheet which keeps running totals
of all of the workbooks in all of the folders, even after I've added
folders when new companies order from us. I think this might be a
"consolidate" function, but I don't know how to set it up. Any ideas
on how I would do this? Your help is priceless.
called "Total Profit" and place just one copy in the "Cust Maint"
folder.

Thank you in advance.
Daryl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 25, 2:48*pm, wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry for not mentioning that I need the "Total Profit" worksheet
to keep running totals of the "Total Profit" cells (J40) from all of
the worksheets. sorry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you can use this add-in to get the cell value from each workbook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm