Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Easy Calculator

I need to total a spreadsheet column. How do I do this with the easy
calculator? I have tried several different ways to total the column with the
easy calculator but apparently I am doing something wrong as I don't get a
total. Would appreciate help on this. Thank you!
--
Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You press the Easy button.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Barbara"
wrote in message
I need to total a spreadsheet column. How do I do this with the easy
calculator? I have tried several different ways to total the column with the
easy calculator but apparently I am doing something wrong as I don't get a
total. Would appreciate help on this. Thank you!
--
Barbara
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think that "Easy calculator" is a term that Microsoft use in the
context of Excel. What do you mean by the term?
If you want to total a column, you can use =SUM(A:A)

If you mean the functions that can occur in the status bar at the bottom of
the Excel window, then providing you've got "Status bar" selected under the
"View" menu, you can select a range and then the Status bar will show you
whatever function is selected. Right-click in the status bar to change it
from Count or Average or whatever to Sum.
--
David Biddulph

"Barbara" wrote in message
I need to total a spreadsheet column. How do I do this with the easy
calculator? I have tried several different ways to total the column with
the
easy calculator but apparently I am doing something wrong as I don't get a
total. Would appreciate help on this. Thank you!
--
Barbara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To: Gaurav, Jim and David

First of all I owe all of you an apology. The spreadsheet was a Microsoft
Spreadsheet and not an Excel. Next, I want to thank you all for the quick
response to my question. From Gaurav's response, I was able to calcuate the
totals of the columns. Again thank all of you.
--
Barbara