Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Page Filters

Pivots allow you to add criteria at the page level, but when you drop it down
you can only select one thing. How can I make it so I can select multiple
variables?

Otherwise, how can I add a filter to the pivot that I can select and
deselect w/o making the specific data show on the pivot table.

i.e. I have a number of values
Unit# - Unit Use - Unit Class
123 P E
124 P R
111 P S
133 P R
122 P E
132 P E

I want to see units equal to E and R, but I don't want this column showing
on my table
--
Hile
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can temporarily move the page field to the row area, where the
dropdown list will have check marks, and select the items you want.
Then, move the field back to the page area.
Or, double-click on the page field button.
In the Hide list, click on the items that you want to hide.

Hile wrote:
Pivots allow you to add criteria at the page level, but when you drop it down
you can only select one thing. How can I make it so I can select multiple
variables?

Otherwise, how can I add a filter to the pivot that I can select and
deselect w/o making the specific data show on the pivot table.

i.e. I have a number of values
Unit# - Unit Use - Unit Class
123 P E
124 P R
111 P S
133 P R
122 P E
132 P E

I want to see units equal to E and R, but I don't want this column showing
on my table

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Always a new hint from the PT expert! Thanks, Debra - didn't know
that one.

On Jan 22, 10:34*pm, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:
Or, double-click on the page field button.
In the Hide list, click on the items that you want to hide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Fabulous! Thank you so much. The drag back and forth worked. I had tried the
doubleclick and hide option prior to posting but that was hiding everything
even though only one selection was highlighted. I don't know why. Then it
would hide the field alltogether and I can't remember how to unhide things I
rightclick and hide in a pivot. Selecting and rightclicking does not give me
the 'unhide' option like the worksheet does.

I have a need for this feature A LOT!!! You're a lifesaver as always :-)
--
Hile