Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count of entries meeting criteria

I have a spreadsheet set up with a filter in column AB so I can filter on
individual companies. Column AA then contains multiple status references ie
new, scrap, cascade

At the bottom of the sheet I want to be able to count how many of each
status from column AA we have for the company filtered in column AB.

Could someone please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe a Pivot Table would be more suited to your situation that formulas
but if you MUST use formulas...

This formula returns the filtered count of AA2:AA30 items that equal
"FRISBEE":

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(AA2,ROW(2:30)-2,))*(AA2:AA30="FRISBEE"))

Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,

Ron