Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default auto filtering?

In Excel 2007, I have a scoring sheet that I need to be able to have some of
the results automatically designate "places" at the end...
On the top of the spreadsheet, I have 'Event' 'School', 'raw scores'
(they're all fine), then the TOTAL of the raw scores, the PLACE it should put
them in (1st, 2nd, etc.) and POINTS given (based on their Place - i.e. 1st
place would get 7 points, 2nd, 6pts. etc.)
Down the left side are the different events and in each event, the name of
the school.
What I would like to do is once the total score for each of the schools are
entered, I would like the PLACE COLUMN to automatically tell me what place
that school is in (I do not want to change the order of the way the schools
are displayed or anything else; I just want that PLACE COLUMN TO RANK that
school as 1-7 depending on all 7 schools' points -- like if a school is in
2nd place, but the new data for another school gives them more points, it
will automatically move the 2nd place school to 3rd.)

An example is below (but the end 3 columns (total, place, points) are what
the I need help with)
EVENT SCHOOL RAW SCORES
Unarmed Squad Judge 1 Judge 2 Judge 3 Total Place Points
1 AdKing NJROTC 200 200 200 600 1 7
2 AdKing NJROTC 200 200 200 600 0 2
3 Rhodes NJROTC 200 200 200 600 0 3
4 BeavMCJROTC 200 100 200 500 0 4
5 Highlan NJROTC 200 200 200 600 0 5
6 Euclid NJROTC 200 200 200 600 0 6
7 Elyria ARJOTC 200 200 200 600 0 7

I hope you know what I mean... any help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
MaggieB