Auto-Filtering and copying

Default Auto-Filtering and Copying

I have two templates that are identical, except one has about half the
columns filled out and the other is blank except for the information that is
in the template.
I am trying to turn on my Auto- filters and copy a selection on information
based on what I have filtered. I can copy the information but when I paste
it on the blank template it fills in the hidden rows.

Is there a way to paste just into what I am sorting by?
Bernie Deitrick

No, you would need to use a macro, or insert formulas into the cells that you want filled that will
extract the data. To get further help, you would need to post small examples of your unfiltered
tables, your filtered tables, and what you want at the end.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Auto-Filtering and copying" <Auto-Filtering and wrote in message
I have two templates that are identical, except one has about half the
columns filled out and the other is blank except for the information that is
in the template.
I am trying to turn on my Auto- filters and copy a selection on information
based on what I have filtered. I can copy the information but when I paste
it on the blank template it fills in the hidden rows.

Is there a way to paste just into what I am sorting by?

Morrigan

F5 - Special - Visible cell only - Copy - Paste

Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388727