Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Sequential Numbering of cell within worksheet

I frequently need to create invoices in Excel using a template I downloaded
from Microsoft template library. I would like to number these invoices
automatically. I.E., the first invoice is numbered 08-001, the next 08-002,
etc. The number is located in the same cell in each new workbook. The
invoices could be contained as worksheets in a workbook.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Kind regards,