Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for pairing 60 different products into 5 price groups

I'm looking for a formula that will allow me to automatically fill in a price
(from a price group containing 5 different price levels) for a listing of 60
to 80 products.

Ex: There are 60 different pens - each named differently - that I would
like to choose from a drop-down list. Once selected (and depending upon my
selection) the pricing for that specific pen would be filled in
automatically, from a price list containing 5 or 6 different price levels.
i.e. 60 pens in 5 or 6 different price buckets, with the pricing
automatically inserted - depending upon your selection.

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a VLOOUP() table with the names of the pens in one column and the
price in the column immediately to the right. (The dropdown list can be the
names in the table.) My table was in G2:H6 and the dropdown call was F16.
The formula:

=VLOOKUP(F16,$G$2:$H$6,2,FALSE)

--
HTH