Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fill cell with a worksheet name?

I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

RIGHT(CELL("filename";A1);LEN(CELL("filename";A1))-FIND("]";CELL("filename";A1);1))
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Adri S." escreveu:

I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Adri S." wrote:

I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Adri S." wrote:

I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, 16 January 2008 21:58:00 UTC+5:30, Adri S. wrote:
I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!

Hi

I have a workbook consisits of plenty of worksheets. In a mastersheet I have a list of worksheet names in one column and corresponding dropdown list in the next column. Can I get any excel formula or VBA code that will automatically populate/update the worksheet names whenever the user creates/copy new worksheet within the workbook? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ganesh A