Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adri S. Adri S. is offline

Default Fill cell with a worksheet name?

I have a workbook that will be used for employee evaluations. Each sheet is
for a different employee, and the sheet is named for the employee. I would
like the employee name, from the sheet tab, to appear in cell B1 of the
appropriate spreadsheet. For example, if the sheet tab says "Joe Smith" I
would like cell B1 to grab the name of the tab and also say "Joe Smith."

I used the formula =CELL("Filename",A1) but it gives me the entire path name
and I only want the sheet tab name. What formula will perform this function?

Thank you!