Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Express a Formula that is + or - 20% from a Value Q

How can I express a formula that checks to see if a value is within +
or - 20% from another value?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(ABS((B1-A1)/A1)<=0.2,"OK","Out of tolerance")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 14, 10:40*am, Sean wrote:
How can I express a formula that checks to see if a value is within +
or - 20% from another value?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Pete, just figured it out using ABS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Sean.

Pete