Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Error #value

I have a formula running down 80 rows - the formula is the same just the cell
references change. When I get to row 50 and 51 I get a value error - but
there is no error for the other rows. What am I missing?

=Clinical!C50+Logs!C50+Vehicle!C50+DQ!C50+'Trip
Permits'!C50+Technology!C50+Admin!C50

=Clinical!C51+Logs!C51+Vehicle!C51+DQ!C51+'Trip
Permits'!C51+Technology!C51+Admin!C51

Currently all of the cells in the calculation are blank but for all of the
other formulas I get a $0 but for those 2 rows I get the error.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would suggest create 2 dummy sheets and. one before the first sheet and
one after the last sheet but before the sheet you have the formula in Name
the first sheet as Start and name the last sheet as End. then enter this
formula where you want the sum. =SUM(Start:End!C50)

"Erika" wrote in message
I have a formula running down 80 rows - the formula is the same just the
cell
references change. When I get to row 50 and 51 I get a value error - but
there is no error for the other rows. What am I missing?

=Clinical!C50+Logs!C50+Vehicle!C50+DQ!C50+'Trip
Permits'!C50+Technology!C50+Admin!C50

=Clinical!C51+Logs!C51+Vehicle!C51+DQ!C51+'Trip
Permits'!C51+Technology!C51+Admin!C51

Currently all of the cells in the calculation are blank but for all of the
other formulas I get a $0 but for those 2 rows I get the error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check that you don't have spaces or other invisible characters in the source cells.
You can use =LEN(Clinical!C50) etc to check that they are really empty

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel