Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Missing sum bottom of excel window

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe:-

Tools|Options|View
ensure status bar is checked.

Mike

"Raj Bartakke" wrote:

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right-click on the Status Bar and de-select "None" by selecting another option.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:06:05 -0800, Raj Bartakke <Raj
wrote:

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

PERFECT - your answer was spot on....thank you O' Great and Wonderous one!

You can't know the trials and tribulations I had because I didn't know the
name of the function....its in the STATUS BAR...Duh...

Thanks for making my Month!

"Raj Bartakke" wrote:

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sir,

Thanks for taking the time to try to respond. Unfortunately, I needed to
enable my status bar first...for some reason, it was gone! See Mike H reply
for the fix to my specific issue.

Sorry if my description wasn't specific enough. You and Tyro came up with
the same reply.

Thanks For trying to help! I appreciate it.

Raj

wrote:

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tyro,

Thanks for taking the time to try to respond. Unfortunately, I needed to
enable my status bar first...for some reason, it was gone! See Mike H reply
for the fix to my specific issue.

Sorry if my description wasn't specific enough. You and Gord Dibben came
up with the same reply.

Thanks For trying to help! I appreciate it.

Raj

"Tyro" wrote:

Right click the status bar and select what you want to see in AutoCalulate

Tyro

"Raj Bartakke" <Raj wrote in message
Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the
sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it
is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight
cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I have version 2003. I have the status bar on the bottom showing but
nothing happens when I right click. Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Cheryl

wrote:

Upon highlighting numeric cells in Excel, a display at bottom shows the sum.
I don't have a window below my tabs to show me this...for some reason it is
gone so I can't see the auto sum. Excel also allows you to highlight cells
to check average and other funcitons as well. How do I get this function to
display in my configuration of excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You positive the Status Bar is showing?

Go to View and Toggle the Status Bar off/on until you can see it for sure
just below the sheet tabs.

When visible, right-click on it.

Should be 7 choices to pick from. You see nothing?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP