Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Totals Not Showing At Bottom Of Excel Window

I recently upgraded to Office 2007, including Excel. In the "olden days"
using Excel 2003, if you "highlighted" a group of numeric values, a total
used to show at the VERY bottom of the excel window (is this the status bar)?

I work on very large spreadsheets, and often want to do a quick checksum on
a group of related numeric values, just to see if they were input correctly,
and I have used this function extensively to do that.

Is there a way to turn this on in excel 2007?

Thanks!

Patk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click in the area you used to have the total. You can now check the options you want to see displayed

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"PatK" wrote in message ...
|I recently upgraded to Office 2007, including Excel. In the "olden days"
| using Excel 2003, if you "highlighted" a group of numeric values, a total
| used to show at the VERY bottom of the excel window (is this the status bar)?
|
| I work on very large spreadsheets, and often want to do a quick checksum on
| a group of related numeric values, just to see if they were input correctly,
| and I have used this function extensively to do that.
|
| Is there a way to turn this on in excel 2007?
|
| Thanks!
|
| Patk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Niek..that was helpful...I added a total row, and then removed it, and it
kept displaying the total at the bottom (and average, count, etc). Is there
a way to just "default" this behavior to on, like it was in the old excel?

DLW: I do not have a "View/Status bar" option on my view ribbon. in other
words, I do not see status bar (just like, unfortunately, I cannot find
anything on the ribbon, for the most part :-(

Patk