Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Query equasion for dates

I am trying to create an Excel doc that will include dated line items.

Within this listing, there will be one column that needs to calculate one
line items date from the original date (the purpose is to show days accrued
for interest).

Would you please inform me how to create a query or column equasion to tally
the accrued date?

example.

01/01/2007 365 days company a investment

11/30/2007 32 days company a investment

01/01/2008 0 days company a investment

Thank you.

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=TODAY()-A1
assuming A1 holds the first date
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
I am trying to create an Excel doc that will include dated line items.

Within this listing, there will be one column that needs to calculate one
line items date from the original date (the purpose is to show days
accrued
for interest).

Would you please inform me how to create a query or column equasion to
tally
the accrued date?

example.

01/01/2007 365 days company a investment

11/30/2007 32 days company a investment

01/01/2008 0 days company a investment

Thank you.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

01/01/2007 =TODAY () €“ A1 (365 days) company a investment

11/30/2007 =TODAY () €“ A1 (32 days) company a investment

01/01/2008 =TODAY () €“ A1 (0 days) company a investment

I want the first date to be the furthest date and the current day to be €œthe
days from€

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
I am trying to create an Excel doc that will include dated line items.

Within this listing, there will be one column that needs to calculate one
line items date from the original date (the purpose is to show days
accrued
for interest).

Would you please inform me how to create a query or column equasion to
tally
the accrued date?

example.

01/01/2007 365 days company a investment

11/30/2007 32 days company a investment

01/01/2008 0 days company a investment

Thank you.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, David.

Although, isn't this for a number equation.

I'm wanting the days to reflect the dates of line item additions (which will
be added to), so I will enter the date and I want the equation to (on an
ongoing basis) to calculate the calendar dates from the last entry (which
will change). The first date will be the longest days from the last entry?

Thanks,
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
I am trying to create an Excel doc that will include dated line items.

Within this listing, there will be one column that needs to calculate one
line items date from the original date (the purpose is to show days
accrued
for interest).

Would you please inform me how to create a query or column equasion to
tally
the accrued date?

example.

01/01/2007 365 days company a investment

11/30/2007 32 days company a investment

01/01/2008 0 days company a investment

Thank you.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you all, here is the answer:
Column 1 gives you todays date. Column 2 gives you the date of transaction.
Column 3 provides a dynamic equation for financials.
For me, this is used for keeping a running list on investment days for
interest.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
=today () date of transaction =A1-B1
Right click Right click
-Format Cells -Format Cells
-Number -Number
-Set decimal @ 0 -Set decimal @ 0

Best,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Column 1
=today ()
Right click
-Format Cells
-Number
-Set decimal @ 0

Column 2
date of transaction
Right click
-Format Cells
-Number
-Set decimal @ 0

Column 3
=A1-B1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps I have misread what you have said, but why would you want to
reformat columns A and B from date to Number? You need column C as Number
or General for the answer, but why not leave columns A and B showing dates?
--
David Biddulph