Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Incorporating the first 40 out of 250 rows in column values

I have a stock ranking system based on Excel, Every week I download 250 daily
quotes from some 300 funds into one long row. I then have simple formulas in
the top column (starting at G2) with the weekly and montly price changes
(this week's divided by last week's price, etc), and then on the remaining
columns use the =INDIRECT(ADDRESS((((ROW()-3)*250)+1),2)) etc to give me
the full spreadsheet with the price performance of one fund on each column. I
then have this linked to a separate spreadsheet where I rank the funds
according to their 1-3-6 and 12 months performance.

I am now trying to incorporate the short-term volatility over 60 days into
my ranking system (given the recent volatitily of the market). I would do
this with the STDEVPA function (and have done so for the monthly volatility
on the price changes columns). For the first fund that would be
=STDEV(B1:B45). I then want to jump to the next fund, which starts at B251
and do the same =STDEV(B251:B295). Since I have more than 300 funds, it would
be extremely time-consuming to enter this manually. Would you guys know of
any function that would help me to jump 250 stocks for each fund column? It
seems I cannot do this with the =INDIRECT(ADDRESS((( function.

Thanks in advance