Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Keeping rows synchronised

I have 2 columns of numbers - in A and B and then in column C the
formula A-B.

When I insert rows in either column A or B it then changes the formula
in C to deduct the row either above or below the relevant cell.

Could someone help me with the (INDEX i think) formula I can put in C
which is not effected by the insertion of rows in A or B.

Thanks
Gavin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to explain your question better. You cannot insert rows in columns
A or B. When a row is inserted, it is inserted in every column. Are you
talking about insterting cells in columns A or B? Perhaps you could provide
an example of what you're doing.

wrote in message
I have 2 columns of numbers - in A and B and then in column C the
formula A-B.

When I insert rows in either column A or B it then changes the formula
in C to deduct the row either above or below the relevant cell.

Could someone help me with the (INDEX i think) formula I can put in C
which is not effected by the insertion of rows in A or B.

Thanks
Gavin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

I have 2 columns of numbers - in A and *B and then in column C the
formula A-B.

When I insert rows in either column A or B it then changes the formula
in C to deduct the row either above or below the relevant cell.

Could someone help me with the (INDEX i think) formula I can put in C
which is not effected by the insertion of rows in A or B.

Thanks
Gavin- Hide quoted text -

My apologies;

In column A is a list of numbers. In column B is another list of
numbers. In column C is the formula, say on row 10 A10 - B10.
I need to be able to insert a cell in the middle of either list of
numbers in A and B whilst keeping the formula in C saying A10 - B10
rather than say A10 - B11 if I added the cell say in B6.