Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Statement

I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement as follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7 have data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't contain any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're getting a #VALUE! error when A7 and/or B7 "appear" to be empty
then those cells are not empty. If both cells were empty the result of the
formula would be 0.

Do those cells contain formulas that might return formula blanks?

=IF(C7=9999,0,IF(COUNT(A7:B7)=2,(B7-A7)*24,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7 have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't contain any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
thanks, it works now.

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7 have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't contain
any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now I need to move the value of the calculation to a different cell upon the
reference cell (C7) equalling 9999. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
thanks, it works now.

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7 have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't contain
any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to enter a formula in the other cell. A formula can't "push" or
"move" data to a cell. A formula can only "pull" data into its own cell.

So, based on your previous formula I'm guessing you need something like
this:

=IF(C7=9999,0,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
Now I need to move the value of the calculation to a different cell upon
the
reference cell (C7) equalling 9999. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
thanks, it works now.

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement
as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7
have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't
contain
any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks your insight pointed me in the right direction, I have one more
question. How would I get the formula to respond to multiple variable not
just 9999. I need the cell to perform the action when one of several numbers
are entered into c7. Thnaks

"regdor" wrote in message
Now I need to move the value of the calculation to a different cell upon
the
reference cell (C7) equalling 9999. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
thanks, it works now.

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement
as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7
have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't
contain
any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nevermind, I figured it out. Your help with the first problems pointed me in
the right direction. Thanks Again!

"regdor" wrote in message
Now I need to move the value of the calculation to a different cell upon
the
reference cell (C7) equalling 9999. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
thanks, it works now.

"regdor" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet that uses the conditional statement
as
follows:
=IF(C7=9999,0,(+B7-A7)*24). The forumla works fine when B7 and A7
have
data
in them, however when the formula references cells that don't
contain
any
data I get a #value error. How can i get the same results from the
formula
and not get the error message. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"regdor" wrote in message
Now I need to move the value of the calculation to a different cell
upon
the
reference cell (C7) equalling 9999. Any ideas on how to accomplish
this.
Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff