Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to change a reference when the sheet change the folder?

My problem:
I have a workbook (wb1) where the formulas reference to another workboook
(wb2). Wb2 is placed in another folder. The formulas then comes out like this
:
='G:\My folder\Report\Results\wb2'!$C$1

When I then copy the folder Report, (who contains wb1), and the folder
Results (who contains wb2), I would like the formula to change depending on
where the folder is placed. This does not happen, the formula stays the same,
and therefore refers to the cell in the original wb2, placed in My
Folder\Report\Results, instead of the new folder, ex New Folder\Results. (ex
='G:\New Folder\Results\wb2'!$C$1)

I have tried looking into different settings for the workbook in Format,
Tools and Data, but I can not seem to find any solution.

I would have edited the formula manually, if it had'nt been thousands of
them...

(The wb2 is in a separate folder due to access restriction).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you should open the file and change the source on links

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"WonderOlga" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, I've tried this now, but I still hope there is another way to make
the formulas reference update automatically?
This solves the issue of doing the manual change in each worksheet, but I
have 25 worksheets with 53 sheets in each. They will also be moved around
from time to time, so I'll still have to do a lot of manual work each time?

Regards,

Olga, Norway.