Steved

Default Update another worksheets

Hello from Steved

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA
from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB, ColC

Thankyou.

Govind

You can enter a formula in a cell in Sheet 2 col A which refers to Col B
of Sheet 1.

For eg. enter this formula in Cell A2 of Sheet 2 "=Sheet1!B2" and this
will automatically update the value in sheet 2 column A based on the
values in sheet 1 column B.

Govind.

Steved wrote:
Hello from Steved

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA
from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB, ColC

Thankyou.

Steved

Thanks Govind.

I was looking for a lookup formula because sheet1 starts
in row 10 The next line of information is several lines
down ie Row 20. In Sheet2 I have the information starting
in Row 1 then row 2 and row 3 and so on down.

Thankyou.

Steved wrote:
Hello from Steved

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA
from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB,

ColC

Thankyou.

.

Steved

Okay this is my attempt

=HLOOKUP(B2,Schools Database!C10:C2000,C2,Schools Database!
D10:D2000)

in Sheet1 I've Labeled it Schools Database
In Sheet2 I've Labeled it Data Sort

the above Formula is in A2 What have I missed please.

Thankyou.

Steved wrote:
Hello from Steved

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA
from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB,

ColC

Thankyou.

.

.

Steved

Hello from SteveD

=VLOOKUP(B2,'Schools Database'!C10:C2000,C2,'Schools
Database'!D10:D2000)

is putting #REF! in the Cell.

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA
from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB, ColC

Thankyou.

.

Govind

Hi Steved,

For vlookup, you need to have a common field which is present both in
Sheet 1 and Sheet 2.

To do ths,arrange your sheets like this.

Sheet 1 - schools database

Column A has an field and Column B , c and D have data. column A could
be student number for Eg

Sheet 2 - Data sort

Enter the student number for which you are going to lookup in column A.

Then in column B(say cell B2) , use this formula

= VLOOKUP(A2,'Schools Database'!A10:D2000, 2, false)

This will return the value in column B of sheet 1 for the same student
number.

To return column C of sheet 1, use

= VLOOKUP(A2,'Schools Database'!A10:D2000, 3, false)

and accordingly.

Thanks

Govind.

Steved wrote:
Hello from SteveD

=VLOOKUP(B2,'Schools Database'!C10:C2000,C2,'Schools
Database'!D10:D2000)

is putting #REF! in the Cell.

I've two identical worksheets Labeled Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet1 ColB, ColC, ColD

Sheet2 ColA, ColB, ColC

How do I write a formula Please to update sheet2 ColA

from Sheet1 ColB,

Sheet1 ColC, ColD Are the same Values in Sheet2 ColB, ColC

Thankyou.

.

Steved

Hello From Steved

Col B Col C Col D in Sheet1
4024 001 3.25

Col A Col B Col C in Sheet2
001 3.25

What is formula is required to pickup
4024 in Col B Sheet1 and put it in Col A Sheet2
please.

Thankyou.