Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Quote Numbers in Excel

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In any cell, enter:

=NOW() and format as General

the value will change whenever the worksheet is openned.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"kitten74" wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"kitten74" wrote in message ...
| Hello All,
|
| I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
| create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
| every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
| and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
| is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
| suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With Excel 2000 you should have the Addin Template Wizard with Data Tracking and
the Template Utilities Addin which provides a sequential numbering tool.

Failing that, I would go with the Template and use one of John McGimpsey's
methods for creating the sequential numbers.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:37:01 -0800, kitten74
wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

While that is true it will change the decimals if opened more than once on
the same day
nor will it be sequential unless opened once each day at the exact same time

Peo Sjoblom