Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Quote Numbers in Excel

In any cell, enter:

=NOW() and format as General

the value will change whenever the worksheet is openned.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"kitten74" wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.