Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why does Concatenate formula show but not produce a cell result?

The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell. How
do the result to display in the cell? I have changed formating to all text,
but I get nothing but formula. Won't calculate for some reason. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And the formula is ......
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tom@WardAir" wrote in message
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell.
How
do the result to display in the cell? I have changed formating to all
text,
but I get nothing but formula. Won't calculate for some reason. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
Post your formula.

regards
FSt1

"Tom@WardAir" wrote:

The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell. How
do the result to display in the cell? I have changed formating to all text,
but I get nothing but formula. Won't calculate for some reason. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried CTRL+~ ?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tom@WardAir" wrote in message
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell.
How
do the result to display in the cell? I have changed formating to all
text,
but I get nothing but formula. Won't calculate for some reason. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OOOPs: that is CTRL+` (no need for the shift)
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tom@WardAir" wrote in message
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell.
How
do the result to display in the cell? I have changed formating to all
text,
but I get nothing but formula. Won't calculate for some reason. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

say this is your formula

=A25*17
it'll show the result, not the formula

if you put an apostrophe @ the beginning
'=A25*17
it'll show the formula. but this is permanent, until you remove the
apostrophe.

if you just want to see it (& every other formula in the worksheet)
temporarily, hit
Ctrl + the backwards apostrophe (for lack of a better description)

it's found above the Tab key, on the button with the tilde (little
squiggly language thing - like manana in spanish has the tilde over
the first "n").

hth
susan

On Dec 27, 3:51*pm, Tom@WardAir
wrote:
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell. *How
do the result to display in the cell? *I have changed formating to all text,
but I get nothing but formula. *Won't calculate for some reason. *Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

oh, & if you use
Ctrl + `
& you want to put them all back to results, hit
Ctrl + `
again.

susan

wrote:
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell. *How
do the result to display in the cell? *I have changed formating to all text,
but I get nothing but formula. *Won't calculate for some reason. *Help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now that we have all tossed in our ideas, we don't really know much
about the problem. I'm not an MVP or excel expert, just a hacker ...
but here's my experience just the same;

There may be nothing wrong with the formula. One thing is that it
depends on what type of data is being concatenated. I have learned
that if the column width is not as wide as the results display, it
won't all show up. It will drop whatever won't fit from right to left
to the first space that will fit inside the column. For instance, if
I A1= Joe and B1=McGillicuddy, then the formula =CONCATENATE(A1,"
",B1,) will produce Joe McGillicuddy. But if the column isn't wide
enough to display all of that, it will display "Joe" (without the
quotes), and if you widen the column, the rest will display.

Does that make sense? It seemed easier to explain before I started
typing.

--Jim

wrote:
The result shows in the formaula calualtiuon but not in the actual cell. *How
do the result to display in the cell? *I have changed formating to all text,
but I get nothing but formula. *Won't calculate for some reason. *Help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try text to column on that column. Click finish as soon as the wizard pops
up. That should return a result instead of the formula.