Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to bind cells together

Im constructing an excel sheet and I need to bind the content of one column
to another so as I change the content of a cell in the first column the
equivalent assigned value appear in the second column automatically. In
addition to that I want to assign color to each stage (see below) so it would
change automatically as I change it. I have 10 items each has an assigned
percentage.

Stage Probability
SP 10
QP 20
DI 30
EV 40
SL 80
PO 100
C 0
L 0
D (A) 100
RnP (B) 100

I want to change the stage and automatically the color and percentage change.
How do I do that?

A second question is it possible to create a drag drop menu for a column or
have some embedded list. I already know how to make a list but not a drag
drop menu from which I can choose the stage.

Thank you,
Esraa El-Sobky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One possibility is to creat a table which in my case (including headings) is
in D1 - E11 that contains your stages and assigned probability.

Stage Provbability
SP 10
QP 20
DI 30
EV 40
SL 80
PO 100
C 0
L 0
D (A) 100
RnP (B) 100

The put this in B1
=VLOOKUP(A1,D2:E11,2,FALSE)
If you now enter PO in A1, B1 will change to 100 etc.
With regard to colour have a look at connditional formatting.

Mike

"Esra" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Esra,

1. Try this for eg. in Column A you have Stage and in column B you have
probability assuming that the contents are in row 2. To join the contents of
both the columns in Column C you need to put this formula.=A2&B2.
By doing this the contents in both the columns will come together in the
third column and whenever you change the data in either of the column, it
will automatically reflect in column C.

2. To change the color of the stages you need to do conditional formating.
Menu bar/Formatting/conditional formatting.
This has limitations since you can do only three types of formatting in
conditional formatting. Decide on the stages and the formatting can be done.

3. To give a drop down list so that you can select what ever stage you want.
go to Menu bar/Data/Filter/Auto Filter/Custom
By this you can custom select the required stage.

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade