Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function entry not possible

Siince I loaded Office 2003 (in 2005) I have never needed to use Functions. I
used them a lot in the past on Office 97. I now need them, but when I click
on the Fx key I get an = sign. and in the display box to the left where the
choice of functions should be disaplayed only the cell reference shows.
Clicking left or right on the cell produces a + sign on my cursor and then a
'hour glass" ( wait) and then the main header tell me Excel is "not
responding". I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but with no effect. Has
anyone else had this problem or has a solution. I loaded my old copy of
Office 97 to enable me set up functions and that work fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

65536 rows and 256 columns

if you need more, update do Excel 2007

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"DaveL" escreveu:

Siince I loaded Office 2003 (in 2005) I have never needed to use Functions. I
used them a lot in the past on Office 97. I now need them, but when I click
on the Fx key I get an = sign. and in the display box to the left where the
choice of functions should be disaplayed only the cell reference shows.
Clicking left or right on the cell produces a + sign on my cursor and then a
'hour glass" ( wait) and then the main header tell me Excel is "not
responding". I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but with no effect. Has
anyone else had this problem or has a solution. I loaded my old copy of
Office 97 to enable me set up functions and that work fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this is an answer to a different thread, Marcelo <bg

Pete

"DaveL" escreveu:

Siince I loaded Office 2003 (in 2005) I have never needed to use Functions. I
used them a lot in the past on Office 97. I now need them, but when I click
on the Fx key I get an = sign. and in the display box to the left where the
choice of functions should be disaplayed only the cell reference shows. *
Clicking left or right on the cell produces a + sign on my cursor and then a
'hour glass" ( wait) *and then the main header tell me Excel is "not
responding". I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but with no effect.. Has
anyone else had this problem or has a solution. I loaded *my old copy of
Office 97 to enable me set up functions and that work fine.- Hide quoted text -