Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DSUM with variable Criteria

I'm trying to let my DSUM-formula run along an accountsheet. Need to have a
possibility to let criteria be variable:

Amount Account
100 100
50 200
25 300

=DSUM(Q12:R15;"Amount";Q21:Q22)

Criteria Result
Account 25
300

Above is working, but;

=DSUM(Q12:R15;"Amount";"Account"&300)

Is this in any way possible??

Thks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bob

If I have a column of accounts and want the sum of each account to appear in
a matrix - derived from the database. This gives me that "account 300" should
or could be ie P23 or P26 - following the columns account no....

Regards
Michael

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try a different formula then

=SUMIF($R$12:$R$16,300,$Q$12:$Q$16)

You can replace 300 with a cell reference.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It doesn't seem so, but why would you need to, cells gives you full
flexibility.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Michael Dam" <Michael wrote in message
I'm trying to let my DSUM-formula run along an accountsheet. Need to
have
possibility to let criteria be variable:

Amount Account
100 100
50 200
25 300

=DSUM(Q12:R15;"Amount";Q21:Q22)

Criteria Result
Account 25
300

Above is working, but;

=DSUM(Q12:R15;"Amount";"Account"&300)

Is this in any way possible??

Thks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bob,

Thanks - that helped we somewhat. I'll just have to figure out how to
resolve some of the exceptions with some "OR"-commands.

Thanks for your time

Michael