Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default basic excel formula

Hi, here is what I am trying to do.
In Cell A2 I have the number 90379614070
I want Cell B2 to take the last number in that cell, the 0 and paste it there
I have 962 rows of numbers so you can see why i want a formula

2nd thing i want to do is after i have completed the first thing, i want a
formula to remove that last 0 and the last number from every number in the A
column.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If all of the values are the same length,
you can do both things at once....

Try this:
Select the Col_A values

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<text-to-columns
....Click: Fixed Width...Click [Next]
....Insert a breakpoint before the last character (by clicking there)
....Click [Finish]

That will remove the last char from each cell in Col_A
and put it in Col_B

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"kable58" wrote in message
Hi, here is what I am trying to do.
In Cell A2 I have the number 90379614070
I want Cell B2 to take the last number in that cell, the 0 and paste it
there
I have 962 rows of numbers so you can see why i want a formula

2nd thing i want to do is after i have completed the first thing, i want a
formula to remove that last 0 and the last number from every number in the
column.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Formula for part 1: =right(a1) - whereas a1 is the cell with the
number. This will return only one digit.

Not sure what you are looking for in part two.

On Dec 17, 3:25 pm, kable58 wrote:
Hi, here is what I am trying to do.
In Cell A2 I have the number 90379614070
I want Cell B2 to take the last number in that cell, the 0 and paste it there
I have 962 rows of numbers so you can see why i want a formula

2nd thing i want to do is after i have completed the first thing, i want a
formula to remove that last 0 and the last number from every number in the A
column.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 17, 3:32 pm, wrote:
Formula for part 1: =right(a1) - whereas a1 is the cell with the
number. This will return only one digit.

Not sure what you are looking for in part two.

On Dec 17, 3:25 pm, kable58 wrote:

I think the 'right' formula works better than setting length/
demlimited if numbers are different sizes.

Am I wrong?

Hi, here is what I am trying to do.
In Cell A2 I have the number 90379614070
I want Cell B2 to take the last number in that cell, the 0 and paste it there
I have 962 rows of numbers so you can see why i want a formula

2nd thing i want to do is after i have completed the first thing, i want a
formula to remove that last 0 and the last number from every number in the A
column.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To extract the last digit from an 11 digit number in A1 use =--RIGHT(A1,1)
Your second part is achieved with =INT(A1/10)

OR: Select all the numbers; use Data | Text to Column; specify Fixed width;
click between the last two digits to split the numbers into two columns

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP