Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jo Jo is offline

Default Embedding text into formulae

Does anyone know how to embed text into a formulae? I have used this function
in a past life and connot recreate now. A very simple example would be:-

=100(revenue)-25(m&s)=75(deferred)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jo Jo is offline

I don't want to name ranges, I am looking to embed notes in functions. The
example below may make it clearer:-

=100(need to confirm with Tom)-25(m&S starts Jan 1)=75(reconcile to defrred
revenue)

It's a way of seeing notes while working on a spreadsheet without having to
have have lots of cell comments to refer to.

"Jo" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to embed text into a formulae? I have used this
function
in a past life and connot recreate now. A very simple example would be:-

=100(revenue)-25(m&s)=75(deferred)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you could embedd it using: +N("your text")

Eg: if you have in C1: =A1-B1

you could embedd the notes in C1 as:

=A1 +N("need to confirm with Tom") - B1 +N("m&S starts Jan 1")

or like this in C1:

=A1-B1 +N("A1: need to confirm with Tom, B1: m&S starts Jan 1")

My preference is for the latter which appears neater
--
Max
Singapore
"Jo" wrote:
I don't want to name ranges, I am looking to embed notes in functions. The
example below may make it clearer:-

=100(need to confirm with Tom)-25(m&S starts Jan 1)=75(reconcile to defrred
revenue)

It's a way of seeing notes while working on a spreadsheet without having to
have have lots of cell comments to refer to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

welcome, glad it helped.