Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Not sure what to title this????

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say your site and list of counties is on Sheet2 in range A1:B100, where
column A contains site number and column B contains county name. You can use
this formula on the sheet containing your report:

=VLOOKUP(A1, 'Sheet2'!$A$1:$B$100, 2, FALSE)

Where A1 contains the site code.

Hope that helps.

"Buttercup" wrote:

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I can't seem to figure this out {I'm not to advanced at the formula's but I
can usually figure them out, so please bare with me}

Sheet 1 {Main Report}

I added a column for the county. Due to the format of this report, this
starts on C9 {not including the header row} -- the site is listed on B9

Sheet2 {site & country list- No header}:
Site= A1:A282
Country=B1:B282

Could you provide me the formula using this criteria. I tried using the
VLOOKUP function helper and typing it manually using my criteria but I can't
seem to get it to work.

Thank you so much :-)

"Buttercup" wrote:

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAR PAR is offline

Okay so the lookup is in the same workbook, different sheet?

C9 is the first cell to lookup value in B9 to fill in correct county from
sheet2?

=vlookup(B9,'Sheet2'!$A$1:$B$282,2,False) - make sure sheet 2 is sorted in
ascending order by column A

"Buttercup" wrote:

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK... so this is still not working.... If I use the VLOOKUP formula helper it
is showing the correct result... but the formula doesn't exactly match how
you have it written with the $ and such... I've tried typing it in exactly as
you have it written but to no avail.... Is the formula slightly different
since I might have a different version of excel? I am currently running
Excel 2003? Here's how mine is showing:

=VLOOKUP(B9,Sheet2!A1:B282,2,FALSE)

If the result is showing in the formula window, why won't it show in the
column... am I missing a step?

To answer some of your questions: B9 is the first cell that has the center
#'s listed, C9 is the empty cell that I am trying to add the formula to and
would like the county to fill in

Sheet 2 Column A is the list of center #'s and column B is the list of
countries... I think we're both on the same page but wantteed to make sure.

Thank yoiu,

Jeanmarie

"Buttercup" wrote:

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Still no luck.... I've tried everyway written and still no result showing...
but the result is showing in the helper...???? Any other suggestions? It
seems weird that the result is showing in the helper but it won't post on the
spreadsheet???

~ Jeanmarie

"Buttercup" wrote:

Here's the deal:

I have a report that I need to run and is is missing a column that is needed
from it. We have one column with a spefic site # attached but we jwould like
the county to also show. I can run another report with the site # and
country listed. I would like to compare the site #'s from the one report to
the site #'s on the other and if it matches I would like to have the county
associated with that site to be listed.

I hope this is enough information.

Does anyone have the formula to do this? I haven't used formula's that use
another workbook, but I have used formula's on other worksheets. Either way,
please specify if I should paste the second report into another worksheet in
the workbook or not.

Thank you in advance for all your help :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Show us the formula you're using to pull data from workbook A to workbook B

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP