Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Blamk cells and 0 values

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=ISNUMBER(A1)
returns False for blank
True for 0

Regards,
Stefi

€˛gtm16€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=ISBLANK(A1)

Returns TRUE for a blank cell and FALSE for an empty string or zero

Mike

"gtm16" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 12, 9:24 am, Stefi wrote:
=ISNUMBER(A1)
returns False for blank
True for 0

Regards,
Stefi

„gtm16" ezt ķrta:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin- Hide quoted text -

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛gtm16€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

On Dec 12, 9:24 am, Stefi wrote:
=ISNUMBER(A1)
returns False for blank
True for 0

Regards,
Stefi

€˛gtm16" ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin- Hide quoted text -

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Some functions treat them differently. AVERAGE ignores blanks but recognizes
zeros.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007b

"gtm16" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between blank cells and cells
with a 0 value?

regards
Gavin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions