Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding Numbers and Changing colors

I am brand new to this so please be as basic as you can be. I have a couple
of questions. I hope you can help me with.

1) F3 is at a value of 10
I want H2 ( at a value of 2) to subtract from F3 and now have it read 8.

2) I want I3 to add up old H3 to the new H3 that is entered to give a total.

3) I want F3 to turn red when = to or less than G3. I tried format
conditional formatting but F3 stays red all the time. How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"Shoulder" wrote:
I am brand new to this so please be as basic as you can be. I have a couple
of questions. I hope you can help me with.

1) F3 is at a value of 10
I want H2 ( at a value of 2) to subtract from F3 and now have it read 8.

Just use another cell for this,
eg place in I2: =F3-H2

2) I want I3 to add up old H3 to the new H3 that is entered to give a total.

Presume you meant H2, not H3
Following what was done in (1) above
just place in I3: =SUM(H2:I2)

3) I want F3 to turn red when = to or less than G3. I tried format
conditional formatting but F3 stays red all the time. How do I fix this?

Try it like this ..

Select F3
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, apply the settings:
Formula Is: =F3<=G3
Click Format Font tab Red/bold OK
Click OK

--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Question 1 should be H3 not H2 (sorry)
I would like to not add a colum if possible.
I am trying to make an inventory sheet.
I tried to take a screen shot and paste it in here but it will not let me.
Here is what I am trying to do.

F G H
Quantity in Stock Reorder Level Quantity Used Total Used
3 2 2
52

I want I to go up (old H + new H) so it show an increase always for a
complete total.
I want F to go down (old F - new H) until I reset it to a new level, and to
turn red when it goes below G.

How do I make it do this?

Thank-You
Bob