Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Defaulting the margins

I like to have the margins as far left and right as possible and the top and
bottom margins just enough to put the time/date and file name in the footer.
How do I change the default "template" on new sheets that I open? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:50:10 -0500, "Meebers" wrote:

I like to have the margins as far left and right as possible and the top and
bottom margins just enough to put the time/date and file name in the footer.
How do I change the default "template" on new sheets that I open? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TX Gord.....every time I reset the margins, I make a mental note to fix it
so that I won't have to do it again. My photographic memory keeps running
out of film :0) ......it works great....Tx again.