Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nickiann18

Default I type in 1-2, how can I keep that from defaulting to a date?

Whenever I put 1-2 into Excel, it defaults to 2-Jan....how can I change it,
so it doesnt do that anymore?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

You have to either preformat the cell as TEXT or precede the entry with an
apostrophe: '1-2. The apostrohe will not be visible in the cell.

Biff

"nickiann18" wrote in message
Whenever I put 1-2 into Excel, it defaults to 2-Jan....how can I change
it,
so it doesnt do that anymore?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

One way is to type a preceding apostrophe: '
before entering "1-2"

Another way is to preformat the column / row as text
(via Format Cells Text OK)
--
Rgds
Max