Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I click on a cell and bring up an information box?

Is there anyway to click on a cell in an Excel Spreadsheet and bring up some
sort of text box where one could list information about the item. After
posting information, that test box would be hidden
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you simply use a "insert/edit comment"?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Terry" wrote:

Is there anyway to click on a cell in an Excel Spreadsheet and bring up some
sort of text box where one could list information about the item. After
posting information, that test box would be hidden

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Luke,
Not sure I understand..Can you explain?
Thanks a bunch!
"Terry" wrote:

Is there anyway to click on a cell in an Excel Spreadsheet and bring up some
sort of text box where one could list information about the item. After
posting information, that test box would be hidden

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can right click on a cell, and choose "Insert comment"
This brings up the equivalent of a sticky note, which you can then write
bits of information in. When you are done typing, click out of the box. While
working somewhere else, the note is hidden,(unless the defulat option has
been changed) and all you see is a little red triangle in corner of cell.

You could then right click on cell again, and choose edit comment.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M