Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula numbers and text Trying to pull a random sampling

How do I change text to numbers then back to text?
My file has 4 worksheets.
Sheet 1 - Copy from the "copy sheet" - process type (text) check amt
(numbers) check No.( numbers)
Sheet 2 - Paste to "random sample listing" worksheet (formula set as
=concatenate (g2," ,"e2," ",a2)
Sheet 3 - Universe of Sample -formula =random sample listing'!h2
Sheet 4 - "Random selection worksheet - When using the Tools , Data
Analysis, Sampling, I receive the error "Sampling - Input range contains
non-numeric data" Is it because on sheet 1 there is a mixture of text and
numbers, how can I change the text to numbers to run the data analysis,
sampling then after the sampling is complete use a formula to return the text
back to the text data to identify the type of process type?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For converting text to numbers:
Enter 1 in some cell. Copy it.
Do a Paste Special over all the cells you want converted. Select the
multiply option.

To convert back to text, select what you want, Format - Text.

If you do this a lot, you can record a macro, which you save you some time
possibly in the future.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M