Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default =if(vlookup for non-unique values

Worksheet 1 Cash
Inv. Amt.
A B
1 13300 $200
2 13300 $.01
3 12333 $2000
4 12333 $.01

WorkSheet 2 Check Hist.
Inv. Amt.
A B
1 13300 $200
2 12333 $2000

How do I get a value for the first Cash entry but also get a null value for
second cash value. Currently using:
=vlookup(A1,A$1:B$4,2,false) drag down four colomns gives me a value of:
1 $200
2 $200 this is a false value
3 $2000
4 $2000 this is a false value

Please help

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1042-1.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this: (your tables are out of "whack"!)

=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)=1,VLOOKUP(A1,A$1:B$4,2,0)," ")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

.. .