Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional format does not work for some cells

Hey,

I have a excel file with sales amounts per week per item. This file is
automatically update from a different auto generated file. With formulas like
='G:\xxx\Sales\Delivery schedules\[DATA.xlsx]Blad1'!E3 each cell is filled.
With this data I create new views like what is in stock (of items in order),
when I have to deliver a part, etc.

The problem is that some cells are not affected by conditional formatting.
When I change the formula to a hard number, the cell is affected. Any idea
how I can fix it?

Thanx!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps your cells are formatted incorrectly. You can try =isnumber() and
istext() to determine if what you think you are looking at is indeed what you
are looking at. If the data in the cell is a value, isnumber() will return
'TRUE' and if the data in a cell is text, istext() will return 'TRUE'.
Sometimes, you get those little 'tick' marks, which cause numbers to look
like numbers, but the data is actually text!! Predictable, you can't perform
calculations on text.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Kees Vos" wrote:

Hey,

I have a excel file with sales amounts per week per item. This file is
automatically update from a different auto generated file. With formulas like
='G:\xxx\Sales\Delivery schedules\[DATA.xlsx]Blad1'!E3 each cell is filled.
With this data I create new views like what is in stock (of items in order),
when I have to deliver a part, etc.

The problem is that some cells are not affected by conditional formatting.
When I change the formula to a hard number, the cell is affected. Any idea
how I can fix it?

Thanx!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks;
I've looked for this, but the cells were correctly. Then I also looked in my
auto genereted DATA file, all the data in here was formatted incorrectly.
Solved it and the formatting works!