Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding the longest sequence of 0's in a row

Hi All,

Ok, I can't think of any remotely-easy way to do this. My data exists as
such: accounts listed in the rows, dates (by month) listed in the columns;
in the fields corresponding to each account/dates is the quantity of items
the account purchased in that month.

Is it formulaically possible (barring VBA) to have Excel calculate the
longest contiguous string of zero-value cells for each row? (What I'm
trying to discern is a historical gap-analysis for the longest no-purchase
period of a given row/account.) Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly
appreciated, as always.

Thanks,

Jamie W.