Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Finding the longest sequence of 0's in a row

I don't think so

Peo Sjoblom

"Gaurav" wrote in message
=COUNTIF(A1:Z1,0)

Is that what you need?

"MJW" wrote in message
Hi All,

Ok, I can't think of any remotely-easy way to do this. My data exists as
such: accounts listed in the rows, dates (by month) listed in the
columns;
in the fields corresponding to each account/dates is the quantity of
items
the account purchased in that month.

Is it formulaically possible (barring VBA) to have Excel calculate the
longest contiguous string of zero-value cells for each row? (What I'm
trying to discern is a historical gap-analysis for the longest
no-purchase
period of a given row/account.) Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly
appreciated, as always.

Thanks,

Jamie W.