Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Selecting every 200th row

I need to verify information from a data dump and would like to select say
every 200th record from a Data sheet into a testing sheet. Is there a way to
get the values from cells A1, A201, etc. without typing the formulas by hand?
In my first cell in the testing sheet, I would have =Data!A1 in cell A1, and
in cell A2, could a formula read what's in my first cell and get the 200th
value down from the data sheet (something that would act like =Data!A1+200
rows)?
Thank you,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tyr this in A1 of the second sheet =INDIRECT("Data!A"&ROW()*200-199)
Now copy it down the column; it will display from the Data sheet A1, A210,
A401....
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Christine" wrote in message
I need to verify information from a data dump and would like to select say
every 200th record from a Data sheet into a testing sheet. Is there a way
get the values from cells A1, A201, etc. without typing the formulas by
hand?
In my first cell in the testing sheet, I would have =Data!A1 in cell A1,
and
in cell A2, could a formula read what's in my first cell and get the 200th
value down from the data sheet (something that would act like =Data!A1+200
rows)?
Thank you,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I modified your formula a bit using an additional column in which I have
values 1, 51, etc. =INDIRECT("Data!A"&B1") which works a bit better for my
need.

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris