Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Format

My cells are not regonizeing the format I indicate unless I double click each
cell and then it responds accordingly. I.E., I have conditional formatting
and the cell is green, pink or white, the first couple columns act
accordingly, but then some cells will be green when they should be white. If
I double click my cursor in each one that's wrong, it will then turn white.
Same with some dates. I have it formatted to mm/dd/yy, but they show
mm/dd/yyyy, but then I double click those that aren't responding, it changes
to mm/dd/yy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You probably have your workbook set for manual calculation - click on
Tools | Options | Calculation tab, and ensure that Automatic is
checked.

Make sure you save the file so that this setting will be in place when
you next open it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 29, 7:00 pm, Janene wrote:
My cells are not regonizeing the format I indicate unless I double click each
cell and then it responds accordingly. I.E., I have conditional formatting
and the cell is green, pink or white, the first couple columns act
accordingly, but then some cells will be green when they should be white. If
I double click my cursor in each one that's wrong, it will then turn white.
Same with some dates. I have it formatted to mm/dd/yy, but they show
mm/dd/yyyy, but then I double click those that aren't responding, it changes
to mm/dd/yy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds as though some of your data is actually text rather than numeric
(which includes dates). This can sometimes happen, for example, if data is
imported - I've never quite got to the bottom of understanding why! Anyway,
first check that cell formatting isn't text. Then try forcing all data to
become numeric, as follows. Put the number 1 in a spare cell somewhere (one
NOT formatted as text!) and copy this cell. Then select the data and use
Edit Paste Special Multiply OK
(You can now delete the number 1.)
Let us know whether or not this helps.