Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
M M is offline

Default Pop-up: "Too many different cell formats"

When I try to change cell formats, there's a pop-up coming up; "Too many
different cell formats" . I have tried to clear some not importent sheets
with Edit/clerar/formulas, but it doesn't help.

I really need help....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"M" wrote in message
When I try to change cell formats, there's a pop-up coming up; "Too many
different cell formats" . I have tried to clear some not importent sheets
with Edit/clerar/formulas, but it doesn't help.

I really need help....

Clearing formula won't help. You need to delete some custom formats. The
problem is that these accumulate over time, as they remain even if not used.

Take a look he
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/eee007.txt

In the section "POWER PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUE By Leo Heuser" you will find
code to search for unused custom formats and delete them. It's very
effective.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look he

Microsoft's advice is to reduce the number of formats in use.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 29, 9:54 am, M wrote:
When I try to change cell formats, there's a pop-up coming up; "Too many
different cell formats" . I have tried to clear some not importent sheets
with Edit/clerar/formulas, but it doesn't help.

I really need help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
M M is offline

Hi
Tank's, I have tried that Sub in the site you told me. It works in a small
file but in my megafile something madness happens, it runs some minutes and
the only result is one more sheet (Sheet). But if I (after clicked NO in the
promt)print "fn+Break" quickly (in 2 - 4 sec) - Debug - and start the Sub
agin it runs!!
My be you are able to find ut whats wrong.
Thank's in advance //M