Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Does "Too many different cell formats" apply on excel 2007

My director was hit with Too many different cell formats on his Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was solved or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can search Google Groups on your error message
http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100
Search all words: "Too Many Different Cell Formats"
author: Leo Heuser

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"Bob Ng Kai Sin" wrote in message
My director was hit with Too many different cell formats on his Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was solved
or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank Daivd.

I have search through the google site but it seem like this problem apply to
excel 2003 and below, even Microsoft site state that too. But does the
problem occur on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

"Bob Ng Kai Sin" wrote:

My director was hit with Too many different cell formats on his Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was solved or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's an article you may find interesting if you have questions on Excel
2007.

Improving Performance in Excel 2007

In "Overview" near the top...

"Unique cell styles in a workbook Increased from 4,000 to 64,000."

--
Dana DeLouis

"Bob Ng Kai Sin" wrote:

My director was hit with "Too many different cell formats" on his
Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was
solved or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, about that, I have no idea whether one might get such\
an error in Excel 2007. Nor would I move up to Excel 2007
to solve such a problem that can be solved and avoided.

Format large areas rather than individual cells.

I see Dana has an answer you'd probably like better.

Thanks David.

"Bob Ng Kai Sin" wrote:

My director was hit with Too many different cell formats on his
Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was
solved or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

Are you saying that Excel creates another internal style, even if the format combination is
exactly as cell(s) formatted earlier?

It's kind of hard to run down experimentally, because there seems to be no hard-and-fast
rule for how many internal (and user) styles there can be. It's somewhere around 4000.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...

"Bob Ng Kai Sin" wrote:

My director was hit with "Too many different cell formats" on his
Japanese
version of excel 2003. I would like to know whether the problem was
solved or
extend the limitation on excel 2007?
--
Thank You
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are eight borders around a cell (inside/outside), before Excel 2007
there were only 56 colors, and combination of those plus cell formats
is a unique format and that is what gets run up to a limit.

I think if you format all of the cells together then they not only have the
same
format but they almost certainly have one format reference for a large
range of cells rather than individual references to the same format..