_Bigred

Default ? doing IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+.05) but how do I avoid the "false" value for nonmatching???

I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person if
a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot. How
do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without addition)
into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

Sandy Mann

=IF(N8="pilot",AB8+0.05,AB8+0)

HTH

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"_Bigred" wrote in message
I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person

if
a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot.

How
do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without addition)
into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

Dave Peterson

and one mo

=AB8+((N8="pilot")*0.05)

(I'd use Vasant's. I find his easier to read.)

_Bigred wrote:

I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person if
a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot. How
do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without addition)
into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

--

Dave Peterson
_Bigred

thanks for like a charm.
_Bigred

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
=IF(N8="pilot",AB8+0.05,AB8+0)

HTH

Sandy

--

"_Bigred" wrote in message
I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person

if
a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot.

How
do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without
addition)
into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

_Bigred

thanks for like a charm.
_Bigred

"N Harkawat" wrote in message
=if(n8="pilot",ab8+0.05,ab8)
"_Bigred" wrote in message
I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person
if a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot.
How do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without
addition) into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

_Bigred

thanks for like a charm.
_Bigred

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
=AB8+IF(N8="pilot",0.05,0)

--

Vasant

"_Bigred" wrote in message
I am currently using the formula below (i'm trying to add 5¢ if a person

if
a pilot). But this formula returns FALSE for anyone not matching pilot.

How
do I fix the formula so that it just puts the AB8 value (without
addition)
into the desired cell for those that aren't pilots?

=IF(N8="pilot",(AB8+0.05),IF(N8=FALSE,AB8+0))

JulieD

Hi

does

=IF(N8="pilot",AB8+0.05,AB8)