Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP formula question

Ok so i got the first part on how to use the VLOOKUP formula thanks to Alan,
now how about adding a range in there how could i do that.
for example:
i type i get
..1 to 1.50 2.95
23 to 25 40.0

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't assume that other people have read your earlier posts.

It strikes me that a Data Validation drop-down in conjunction with
VLOOKUP would enable you achieve what you want. Set up a table
somewhere with the FULL range and the number it gets converted into,
and then you could set your DV drop-down to point to the first column
of your table and use VLOOKUP to return the second column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 25, 7:46 pm, Gmata wrote:
Ok so i got the first part on how to use the VLOOKUP formula thanks to Alan,
now how about adding a range in there how could i do that.
for example:
i type i get
.1 to 1.50 2.95
23 to 25 40.0

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you please give me an example of how the formula woul look like?
i dont think i could use a dropdown menu beacuse this is for a Data Feed
4000 + products and i can't do them one by one.

So im looking for a formula in conjuction with VLOOKUP that would do that
form me.

again ie.

a range

..60-2.5 3.5
23-27 26.5
etc....

On Nov 25, 7:46 pm, Gmata wrote:
Ok so i got the first part on how to use the VLOOKUP formula thanks to Alan,
now how about adding a range in there how could i do that.
for example:
i type i get
.1 to 1.50 2.95
23 to 25 40.0

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This doesn't make any sense. Why should the range:

0.60-2.50 give you 3.5, but the range 0.10-1.50 gives 2.95 ?

Even more strange is why:

23-25 gives 40.0, but 23-27 gives 26.5

I suggest you compile a table with one column showing the ranges and
the other column showing what you want each range to be converted
into, then post that table here in full.

Pete

On Nov 25, 7:46 pm, Gmata wrote:
Ok so i got the first part on how to use the VLOOKUP formula thanks to Alan,
now how about adding a range in there how could i do that.
for example:
i type i get
.1 to 1.50 2.95
23 to 25 40.0