Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can i Recall a Value?

I got a store inventory and i am uploading a Datafeed to my store.
Instead of having to type the prices of each product every time i update the
inventory i would like to do something like this.

For example:

If i type a certain value in Column 1A to recall a specific value in column 1D

ie.
i Type I get
FX427019 $34.9
FX427023 $45.8

etc..

is it possible to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use VLOOKUP to do this. You need to enter all of your product
numbers and prices in two columns, say column G and H, you only need to do
this once. Use the formula
=VLOOKUP(A1,$G$1:$H$100,2,FALSE) in D1 and copy down as far as necessary.
When you enter FX427019 in A1, the price 34.9 will be returned in D1.
Change the cell references to suit, but if you anticipate maybe 150
different products, add more to allow for future expansion, this avoids
having to change the range at a later date.
eg =VLOOKUP(A1,$G$1:$H$250,2,FALSE)
Regards,
Alan.